Thursday, February 26, 2009

My subjective point of view

At this moment, I should have been sitting in the class
but definitely not in my room...
huhu...I skipped class
Anyway, skipping class is not a new thing for me since this semester...
I wonder why the lectures would be so boring
instead the subjects are actually so interesting and of so much fun...
but I should have understood the reasons behind this...

Firstly, literally lecturers are not teachers. They were not trained to teach..

Secondly, if you are eating plain bread every meal everyday with just strawberry jam, will you be still so much expecting what you are going to eat for your next meal...similarly this happens to our lecturers...

Thirdly, the lecturers are to introduce you what the core would be in a subject, but not to teach and spoon-feed you...so they are expecting you to be independent enough to learn on your own...

After listening to so many reasons given by me on behalf of lecturers from my subjective point of view, now why not listening to my excuses why I wanna skip my class then...haha

Firstly, some lecturers are so boring...up to the extent that most of the students in the class are actually doing their own things...of course, there are still some of them who do really pay so much attention to lecturers or some are just so hardworking being a secretary copying word by word from the slides...however, since most of us have already "inherited" the notes from our seniors...basically I don't really bother to copy notes, unless the lectures are interesting and with extra information...

Secondly, some lecturers don't really prepare for the lectures..they even doubted what they said a second before...phew~luckily they managed to correct what they "tersalah cakap" at the end too...

Thirdly, some lecturers just conduct the lectures by reading the slides verbatim...eww...that's irritating me the most...why government pays them so much just to show them how good they could read, instead this kinda tough job could be done by anyone of us....

Fourthly, paling tak boleh tahan is that a lecturer is so much phobia when he's standing in front of us talking to us....walao eh...you know what? he closes his eyes while talking in front of the class....but then this gives us advantages too lah...because he would never what's happening behind the lecture hall...hahaha...

But of course lah, I'm not here to say playing truant is good...some lecturers undeniably are good and passionate....
I'm just here to express my "subjective" opinions...
After all, I might change my mind...
Still this is my advice to you all: Go to class
haha...

It's time for me to catch the 12pm...ciao~

2 comments:

smhoo said...

haha.......ur junior also play truant here... i like the third point of yours.... some lecturer even can't pronounce the right words most of the time...haiz.....
but undoubtedly,still got nice lecturers la....^^

siauchiau said...

Althugh i too gt ponteng 'occasionally'(ehem) but if i could attend d lecture,i would.haha
actually to me,attending lectures is quite 'xin fu'la cmpared to attending quizes or exams.fr my point of view,every lecturer is worth to b respected, even d most tak boleh tahan's dr.hxxxbah and dr.saxxza,or prof zxxxi who closed his eyes whenevr speak in front(i too wonder y he bcums like tis everytime,bt nt phobia kot i bet).being able to reach pHD or even just to teach in front of us,i believe that every1 of them at least owns some value that we can learn fr.nway jz my pt of view la.