Saturday, February 28, 2009

At-this-point

I think this is my first time exposing my uni life to you all here...
hmm....besides "the 4 precious lessons" that I posted long time ago...
For those who still don't know what uni I'm in, what course I'm in...
so I will lead in by sharing with you all what my current status is..

I'm in USM aka Universiti Sains Malaysia...
some classy people might like to call USM University of Science of Malaysia...
in English, more yeng loh...

So currently I'm in the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences...
Wonder what that is? Anything to do with farming...
To be clearer, simplified version
School of Pharmacy...Pharmacy, not farmer...

Some (the elderly) might give me this response,
"Pharmacy ar? Hami lai (What is that)? Si mm si doctor (Is it doctor)? Ohhh....hoo iuk (dispense medication) a hio....zai liao lah (know already lah)..."
"Liao mm si doctor ar (Then it's not doctor ar) ?" =.=

But I don't blame them...because this is the Malaysian pharmacy practice...
Doctors diagnose, doctors prescribe, doctors dispense
For those who know what exactly a pharmacist does, you might be wondering
In the actual fact that dispensing is supposedly pharmacist's job...
Why the doctors are doing this?
If they have taken over pharmacists' job, then what pharmacists do?
Selling supplements loh...haha...Just kidding...
If being heard by my Dean, surely he will spanar me...

Actually for you info, there is something called dispensing right..
meaning to say the right to dispense medication...
for most of the countries like Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and many more,
there is a very distinct border between doctors' roles and pharmacists' roles...
However in Malaysia, we don't have dispensing seperation...
So pharmacists in Malaysia are no longer the sole drug dispensers having dispensing right...
so no seperation loh, all has been taken over by doctors
Instead doctors claim that the pharmacies and clinics are too far away, so it is more convenient for the patients to collect their medication after seeing doctors...one-stop services kononnya
Hello, you try and seperate and see...by that time, you will be surrounded by pharmacies...

So now you see how pathetic it is to be a pharmacist...
So next time, whenever you see a pharmacist, don't think that they are so hoseh...
actually their hosehness is merely a tin kosong..

Ok, ok...back to me...ermm..
recently I'm quite busy with my homework after busying with all those activities...
it's a good news to me to be with my studies again actually...or else I will only catch up with all the syllabi during study week...that will be hazardous then...

I'm supposed to be at home right now...
Anyway, I'm going home every weekend..
Why I stay back ler this week?
because I have my first pool session today afternoon...
hurray...I've been anticipating this after those boring yet important theory classes...
Oh yeah, what is pool session pula?
This semester I join Scuba diving, so I will be like learning those very basic things about scuba diving...however, I'm still not a diver yet even if I've accomplished the course...
because what I'm taking is just an introductory course...not really open-sea diving course...
you might ask, why don't take open-sea diving course then...
Hmm... the reason is simple...I don't have money loh...

That's why I don't want to talk about myself, this would be endless...
I will keep on talking talking talking...see...so long already I've typed...
Actually I still have many things to share with you all...
But since now it's quite late, so it's time for my liver to do its job....
And ready myself for later-on pool session...
So good night everyone...

5 comments:

Kae Vin said...

lol don just talk. A picture speaks a thousand words k? :P

Anonymous said...

The standard of singapore medical clinics is very good now. But of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Rhuyann said...

To aaron
Hi, aaron..
I've never been to clinics in singapore..i suppose the standard of the clinics there is good like what you've said..
but your comment seems to be...ermm..
or had i said anything wrong in my post that offended you or making you misunderstood..
Anyway, my apology if there is any..
and thanks for dropping me a comment too...
:)
Good day

eikhong said...

i came out with a relationship between pharmacist and doctor.. it is just like the sultans and the perdana menteri's...what ever the pm(doctor) wants(drugs) he take the proposal(diagnosis) to the sultan(pharmist) and then the sultan sings(approve/take)....

eikhong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.