Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A day with animals!

This was my second visit to Singapore Zoo since my last time back in 1995. Walao..15 years already...The only animal I remembered was the flaming red parrot... After 15 years, I stepped into this fabulous zoo again.. Still they gave me alotsa surprises.
Giraffe, elephant, polar bear, leopard, lion etc.. Seeing them walking, eating alive in front of you in such a close distance (except in Nat Geo), it's so awesome, isn't it? (compared to malaysian zoo, keep the skin lah) I'm just lovin'em..

Here comes the story with some nice pics.
Now, let's look at the white tiger.

They are so popular here in the zoo. The male one (I think he's called Omar) is a good poser. He knows angle very well. Erm...does this make you recall something?
Yeah, you're right! One of them (I dunno which one) was the murderer who killed the Malaysian who was so stupid jumping into the pool and trying to kill himself last year.

Next, the big star from Australia - Kangaroo!


Baboons with their big red ass. They obviously do not practise good hygiene. They just love to pick up anything from the floor and put it right into their mouths. Their red ass might be due to excessive diarrhea spending too much time sitting on the toilet bowls.


Here comes the pitiful one. They never experience their teenage - Goat.
I've been seeing this creature since I was a kid.
Those city kids were so obsessed with them as though they are the Greek mythological creatures - centaurs.


Ladies and gentlemen, here comes the King - King Julien..!!!

but this is the lame one..
You know why he has such reaction? Because I almost stepped my feet on him... He must be freaked out... Anyway, they are tame..you could actually try to pamper them...


After a long tiring walk, here we go for our lunch.
Ah Meng Restaurant. If you were to go to the zoo in the near future, I do strongly recommend to you this restaurant. You'll never be regretful.

By the way, who is Ah Meng? Ah Meng was actually an orang utan. He's the celebrity in Singapore i tell you. Don't play play. This restaurant was named after him. Anyway seriously the food here really surprised me. I didn't expect that the food in such tourism spot would be so nice! (Maybe I stay too long in Malaysia already)
Some pictures to let you drool...
Nasi Lemak. Tell you, the barbeque chicken drumstick is so so huge..initially I thought it's a turkey drumstick..

Briyani rice set with curry chicken. This is the must-try option. They prepared this with so much delicate...

Oh ya, how much were these?
The admission ticket is S$18 per pax with a food voucher worth S$1.
Both sets are S$8.90 each. With the food voucher, you could enjoy any of these sets with just S$7.90..
For big eaters, yup, this is more than enough for you! :D

With this, I wrap up this post. Stay tuned for my next post. Food!!

6 comments:

Vivien~❤ said...

oi ah pek...ZOO ar??
u tot u still young meh...
bring ur son or daughter go next time laa... =P

Rhuyann said...

shit you..how dare you step into my place and zia me lah..

Vivien~❤ said...

well, not my fault..
blame my fingers...they just can't stop to write A comment on ur post..
=p

Rhuyann said...

cut them off lah..

Vivien~❤ said...

BLEKKKK =P

siauchiau said...

din notice food in singapore can be that tasty as u described.mayb i was just looking for the economical 1 when i was there:p.i've nvr been to s'pore zoo,so nw gt another good reason for next visit to s'pore haha.