Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Press conference

Press conference? Yup. That kinda thing with a lot of mics and cameras in front of you. Then the reporters will throw the questions to you and expect you to answer right on the spot. I saw that scene numerous times on TV. But this time I would be in that scene. Awesome!

Excited but at the same time scared too. Not many people have this kinda chance. And I was glad enough to not only have one, but two in my university life. At least I did something different, I suppose, didn't I? Hehe

Ready? Mics on, ca~~mera!
Typical press conference wasn't like this, instead they expect you having tons to start your conversation. And normally they will start with, "Can you talk a little about your project?" They said "a little", in fact they expect "a lot". Or else, trust me, the situation would be uneasy.

For a birdie like me, first experience did really freak me out seriously (Too bad I don't have photos to share with you). If you said me noob, yeah I'm noob. Imagine, almost all major medias were in front of you. TV3, Sin Chew Jit Poh, The Star, Berita Harian, Bernama and whatnots. What you are about to say will be broadcasted on TV or on papers. Indirectly you're talking to millions of people.
From the Star
When the camera rolled, I tried not to look into the lens because.
..I was scared. Haha. Still my eyeballs would uncontrollably sweep over it. The feeling was like somebody's peeping at you. So uncomfortable.

I stuttered. And you know what came into my mind that time? Nothing. Yes. Nothing at all.
I didn't even know what I was talking about that time. Luckily that time Prof Rahmat was beside me. He helped to cover up a lot. Or else doom. Anyway this was my first debut. So okay lah..haha..

Second time.
This was more official. Look at the picture and you'll know what I mean.
Scene behind PC
I did talking
Cool right? I think so too. :D This time, improved. Still I was scared. I just felt uneasy in front of camera because it's like you are talking to someone that you don't know who you are going to talk to. Get it?

This time at least I could control my speech flow. Reason? Because I had aid on the table. Hehe.. So when I really didn't know what to say, the notes would assist me.

Anyway, it's just another unusual uni experience that I wish to share with you all.

1 comment:

eikhong said...

yes its very cooL!