Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Things never end

Exam's over.
a movie - 2010 to relax myself.
Effect wise, it did give me a huge impact.
It's touching in certain scenes, but it needs a little bit more horsepower to shed my tears.
Lessons wise, yes. Yeah, love our Earth before it's too late.
I don't think there are Noah's arks hiding behind the San Xia Dam.
Even if there were, you must have a green card and a very good "gene"

Right after that, 1st green lung internal tobacco control workshop!
feel so glad that actually we've moved so far.
Sense of satisfaction.






















Giving welcome speech, I was.

















Talk by Prof. Rahmat, C-Tob Director.






















Mini Project Discussion.

















My group was discussing their strategies how to kick others' butt.
















Hands-on using CO meter.
















Dun How's group was drawing some....cartoon?!

During the workshop, we have a session which required the participants to apply what they'd learnt from the talk and to approach the smokers.
Education or rather a gentle reminder to inform them that their expiry dates are near. Stop before it's too late, again.












Educating the public.






















Measuring the air quality at the food court using SidePak stealthily.






















"Uncle, uncle, please don't smoke."
















Passionate activists.
















Building rapport with prospects

I was the facilitator of a team.
Some surprising responses from the smokers.

"I know smoking harms. But now I'm okay. I'll stop only when my body is not okay." - Great thinker. A politician.

(We asked, "you know secondhand smoke is harmful to your children?")
"Secondhand smoke is harmful, I know. That's why I choose to harm others rather than my own children." - WTF

(We adviced, "secondhand smoke is harmful to your wife.")
"Nevermind, I'm the one who asks him to smoke," his wife answered us. - What an understanding wife he has. Envy.

("Sir, smoking is harmful. Why not quit?")
"Where got smoke? Where got smoke?" while he's trying to hide his cigarettes behind his body. - Yeah, we are mentally retarded. Oh no, you fooled us! =.=

("Uncle, can you donate a cigarette to us to show your determination to quit smoking?")
"You ask my tauke first." - Walao, uncle. Be mature a bit. Do you need permission to go pee?

"I'm neither supporting smoking, nor stopping people from smoking in my shop." - Another politician we have here.

"Our place is smoke-free" (A person was smoking at the other corner of the shop)- Ello, please lie with wisdom. If you don't have, at least you can see with your eyes.

All walks of life. Interesting.
















Presentation of their findings.
















Presenting. Sue Anne, please concentrate. No victory gesture.

Credits to all the committee members. You guys did a great job especially in the time management. I'd say it's the most punctual event ever in university. Well done.

Looking forward to Intervarsity Tobacco Control Workshop in Dec.
Meaning to say, my holiday's gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cham~~~
Internal is good,then Intevarsity must be better...big stick now~~~

Kae Vin said...

2010 + 2 = 2012 :P

and lol at all the responses!! @_@

sue anne said...

hmm...boh bian...i'm tat sensitive to camara...